Ochre jellies resembled giant amoebas, dark yellow in color. A mature ochre jelly reached up to 15 feet (4.6 meters) in diameter and around 6 inches (15 centimeters) thick. However, it could compress its mass to fit through gaps of only 1 inch (2.5 centimeters). Moreover, it had a mass of 5,600 pounds (2,500 kilograms).
They lurked in dungeons, slowly creeping along floors, walls, and ceilings and under and through doors and cracks looking for victims. When they were found, the ochre jelly extended itself and latched onto a victim, proceeding to constrict and engulf them. The jelly exuded pseudopods to slam and grapple foes in combat.
If cut, an ochre jelly could split into two similar, but smaller, offspring.
|This article is incomplete. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by providing more information.|
- Ruins of Adventure • Dungeon #28: "Visitors from Above" • Dungeon #30: "...And a Dozen Eggs" • Sons of Gruumsh • Scepter Tower of Spellgard • Dragon of Icespire Peak • Dragon+ #12, "The Barber of Silverymoon" • Dragon+ #21, "Six Faces of Death"
- Video Games
- Menzoberranzan • Baldur's Gate • Icewind Dale: Trials of the Luremaster • Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn • Icewind Dale II • Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms • Neverwinter Nights: Darkness over Daggerford • Neverwinter Nights: Tyrants of the Moonsea
- Card Games
- Magic: The Gathering (AFR)
- Ed Greenwood (December 1985). “The Ecology of the Ochre Jelly”. In Kim Mohan ed. Dragon #104 (TSR, Inc.), pp. 33–36.
- Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford, Christopher Perkins (2014-09-30). Monster Manual 5th edition. Edited by Scott Fitzgerald Gray. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 241, 243. ISBN 978-0786965614.
- Mike Mearls, Stephen Schubert, James Wyatt (June 2008). Monster Manual 4th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 202. ISBN 978-0-7869-4852-9.
- Skip Williams, Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook (July 2003). Monster Manual v.3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 202. ISBN 0-7869-2893-X.
- Doug Stewart (June 1993). Monstrous Manual. (TSR, Inc), p. 278. ISBN 1-5607-6619-0.
- Gary Gygax (December 1977). Monster Manual, 1st edition. (TSR, Inc), p. 75. ISBN 0-935696-00-8.
- Christopher Perkins (September 2005). Sons of Gruumsh. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 18. ISBN 0-7869-3698-3.
- BioWare (December 1998). Designed by James Ohlen. Baldur's Gate. Black Isle Studios.
- Wolfgang Baur and Lester Smith (1994-07-01). “The Book of Chaos”. In Michele Carter ed. Planes of Chaos (TSR, Inc), p. 22. ISBN 1560768746.
- Sean K. Reynolds (2002-05-04). Deity Do's and Don'ts (Zipped PDF). Web Enhancement for Faiths and Pantheons. Wizards of the Coast. p. 11. Archived from the original on 2016-11-01. Retrieved on 2018-09-08.