Of Ships and the Sea is an accessory for AD&D 2nd edition. It is the ninth and final book in the DMGR series.
Step lively, jackies! There's a beam wind and a race tide, and the duke's treasure cog flying to lee!
- Bruis Blackheart, notorious pirate, in a fine good humor.The open sea, primal and unknown, beckons. Of Ships and the Sea is packed with information on the ships of the ADVANCED DUNGEON & DRAGONS game, rules for sailing them to exotic lands, and two systems for conductin naval combat. The action extends below the waves, too, as this book also reveals the secrets of underwater adventuring and exploration - rules for traveling, fighting, and casting spells underwater, new spells, new magical items, and a new character kit, the fathomer. Dive into a whole new dimension of gaming!
- Chapter 1: Ships
- Chapter 2: Nautical Travel
- Chapter 3: Nautical Encounters
- Chapter 4: Nautical Combat
- Chapter 5: Underwater Survival
- Chapter 6: Underwater Combat
- Chapter 7: Spells Underwater
- Chapter 8: Magical Items Underwater
- Chapter 9: Underwater Topology
- Chapter 10: Denizens of the Deep
- Chapter 11: Using Specialists
Also includes fifty-nine tables.
- converse with sea creatures • detect predator • echolocation • float • pressure resistance • tears of the crocodile