The oil was heavy, black, and sticky, but flowed surprisingly quickly out of its container.
One dose of oil of slipperiness was sufficient to cover the entire body and equipment of a human-sized creature. More doses were required if intended to be applied over a larger individual. Applying the oil was a process that took 10 minutes.
One application of the oil granted a creature the effects of a freedom of movement spell for 8 hours. Alternatively, pouring the oil on the ground covered an area equivalent to a square 10 feet (3 meters) on a side, giving it the effects of a grease spell for 8 hours.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Monte Cook, Jonathan Tweet, Skip Williams (July 2003). Dungeon Master's Guide 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 266. ISBN 0-7869-2889-1.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford, Christopher Perkins, James Wyatt (2014). Dungeon Master's Guide 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 184. ISBN 978-0786965622.
- ↑ Gary Gygax (1979). Dungeon Masters Guide 1st edition. (TSR, Inc.), p. 121. ISBN 0-9356-9602-4.
- ↑ slade et al. (February 1995). Encyclopedia Magica Volume II. (TSR, Inc.), p. 777.
- ↑ Gary Gygax (1979). Dungeon Masters Guide 1st edition. (TSR, Inc.), p. 117. ISBN 0-9356-9602-4.