Like all cats in the leopard family, panthers typically weighed 120 pounds (55 kilograms) and were around four feet (120 centimeters) in length.
Panthers were nighttime hunters, relying on their strong sense of smell and alert senses. They were expert climbers and had superb balance.
Panthers would pounce on their prey after stalking them and would hold tightly with their jaws while raking with their claws.
- Fey panthers and spectral panthers: Members of this species that were warped by the magical energies of the Feywild and Shadowfell. They were capable of traveling between their respective plane and the material.
- ↑ The statistics here are those for the leopard, which Monster Manual v.3.5 states are the same for a panther.
- ↑ Wizards RPG Team (2014). Monster Manual 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 333. ISBN 978-0786965614.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Mike Mearls, Stephen Schubert, James Wyatt (June 2008). Monster Manual 4th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 213. ISBN 978-0-7869-4852-9.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 3.8 Skip Williams, Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook (July 2003). Monster Manual 3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 274. ISBN 0-7869-2893-X.
- ↑ Doug Stewart (June 1993). Monstrous Manual. (TSR, Inc), p. 36. ISBN 1-5607-6619-0.
- ↑ Sean K. Reynolds (2002-05-04). Deity Do's and Don'ts (Zipped PDF). Wizards of the Coast. p. 14. Archived from the original on 2016-11-01. Retrieved on 2018-09-08.