Description[edit | edit source]
Like all cats in the leopard family, panthers typically weighed 120 pounds (55 kilograms) and were around four feet (120 centimeters) in length.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Panthers were nighttime hunters, relying on their strong sense of smell and alert senses. They were expert climbers and had superb balance.
Combat[edit | edit source]
Panthers would pounce on their prey after stalking them and would hold tightly with their jaws while raking with their claws.
Sub-Species[edit | edit source]
- Fey panthers and spectral panthers: Members of this species that were warped by the magical energies of the Feywild and Shadowfell. They were capable of traveling between their respective plane and the material.
Reputation[edit | edit source]
Notable Panthers[edit | edit source]
Appendix[edit | edit source]
Note[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford, Christopher Perkins (2014-09-30). Monster Manual 5th edition. Edited by Scott Fitzgerald Gray. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 333. ISBN 978-0786965614.
- Mike Mearls, Stephen Schubert, James Wyatt (June 2008). Monster Manual 4th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 213. ISBN 978-0-7869-4852-9.
- Skip Williams, Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook (July 2003). Monster Manual v.3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 274. ISBN 0-7869-2893-X.
- Doug Stewart (June 1993). Monstrous Manual. (TSR, Inc), p. 36. ISBN 1-5607-6619-0.
- Sean K. Reynolds (2002-05-04). Deity Do's and Don'ts (Zipped PDF). Wizards of the Coast. p. 14. Archived from the original on 2016-11-01. Retrieved on 2018-09-08.