|This does not cite its references or sources.
Please help improve this by introducing appropriate citations. If you are using this information for your own research, campaign, or general interest, you should not rely on its accuracy.
Pegasi were a breed of magical beasts that, at first glance, resembled mere horses with large bird-like wings. Despite this, they had other avian features as well: their lower legs were feathered instead of furred and their manes and tails were also of feathers. They most commonly lived in temperate forests and were incapable of speaking Common.
Being wild and shy magical creatures, pegasi were not easily tamed. The most common way they were trained was after being raised from birth though sometimes a grown pegasus might be tamed, with a friendly attitude to the tamer, making a worthy steed indeed. Being goodly creatures, they would only serve good or neutral riders with an absolute faithfulness for life.
Along with their physical attributes, pegasi were also like birds in that they laid eggs rather than giving birth to live young. Pegasi laid eggs in nests high in the mountains, where only flying creatures can reach. These eggs are incredibly valuable on the market. A pegasus would mature at the same rate as a horse, however, and had somewhat similar habits.
|This article is incomplete. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by providing more information.|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Wizards RPG Team (2014). Monster Manual 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 250. ISBN 978-0786965614.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 Skip Williams, Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook (July 2003). Monster Manual 3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 206–207. ISBN 0-7869-2893-X.
- ↑ Doug Stewart (June 1993). Monstrous Manual. (TSR, Inc), p. 285. ISBN 1-5607-6619-0.
- ↑ Gary Gygax (December 1977). Monster Manual, 1st edition. (TSR, Inc), p. 78. ISBN 0-9356-9600-8.
- ↑ Anne Gray McCready et al. (March 1994). Elves of Evermeet. (TSR, Inc), p. 103. ISBN 1-5607-6829-0.
(any good alignment)
Asura • Bariaur • Couatl • Einheriar • Foo creature (Foo dog • Foo lion) • Hollyphant • Ki-rin • Lillend • Moon dog • Pegasus • Shirokinukatsukami • Unicorn
Aasimar (Deva) • Half-celestial