A phase spider was a magical beast akin to a predacious version of the ethereal filcher. Phase spiders were monstrous arachnid-kin that dwelt within the Ethereal Plane. They made quick forays into the natural world to snatch an unlucky creature to feed upon. Those stolen by phase spiders were never seen again and were regarded as unsolved disappearances.
The phase spider resembled a giant, two-eyed, spindly-legged spider with the same dark green and white coloration of an ethereal filcher (though it was a bit more blue than green).
While the filcher transported between the Ethereal Plane and the Material Plane for the purpose of stealing, the phase spider did this for the purpose of hunting. It looked for a likely spot in the Ethereal Plane, and then teleported (its form of teleportation was known as "phasing," hence the name) to the Material Plane, presumably ambushing travelers it expected to be there, biting and killing them, and then quickly retreating back to the Ethereal Plane.
|This article is incomplete. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by providing more information.|
- Phase Spider article at the Baldur's Gate Wiki, a wiki for the Baldur's Gate games.
- Phase spider article at the NWNWiki, a wiki for the Neverwinter Nights games.
- Phase spider article at the NWN2Wiki, a wiki for the Neverwinter Nights 2 games.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 Skip Williams, Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook (July 2003). Monster Manual v.3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 207–208. ISBN 0-7869-2893-X.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Wizards RPG Team (2014). Monster Manual 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 334. ISBN 978-0786965614.
- ↑ Rob Heinsoo, Stephen Schubert (May 2009). Monster Manual II (4th edition). (Wizards of the Coast), p. 190. ISBN 978-0786951017.
- ↑ Doug Stewart (June 1993). Monstrous Manual. (TSR, Inc), p. 326. ISBN 1-5607-6619-0.
- ↑ Gary Gygax (December 1977). Monster Manual, 1st edition. (TSR, Inc), p. 90. ISBN 0-9356-9600-8.