Picks ranged in size from about 1 to 4 feet (0.3 to 1.2 meters) long with a perpendicularly mounted striking head. Their head were a sharp spike on one side and the other side could either be a chisel, hammer, or another spike. Their spikes were typically curved slightly toward the haft. Primitive picks were known to have only a single spike. Their shafts were usually made of stout wood, but were also seen crafted from metal or bone.
- Serrated picks, a type of pick that was similar to the standard variety but had longer, more saw-like heads.
- War picks, otherwise known as military picks, were picks adapted and designed for the purposes of warfare.
|This article is a stub. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by expanding it.|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 128. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.
- ↑ Robert A. Nelson (January 1987). “Dungeoneer's Shopping Guide”. In Roger E. Moore ed. Dragon #117 (TSR, Inc.), p. 24.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb, Julia Martin, Steven E. Schend et al (1992). Aurora's Whole Realms Catalogue. (TSR, Inc), p. 61. ISBN 0-5607-6327-2.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Jeremy Crawford, Stephen Schubert (September 2011). Mordenkainen's Magnificent Emporium. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 21–22. ISBN 978-0786957446.
- ↑ Grant Boucher, Troy Christensen, Jon Pickens, John Terra and Scott Davis (1991). Arms and Equipment Guide. (TSR, Inc.), pp. 83–84. ISBN 1-56076-109-1.