Planetouched were mortal creatures whose lineages trace back to outsiders, including celestials, fiends, and elementals. Outsiders who could reproduce tended to be inter-fertile, therefore being able to mate with just about any other creature they desired. If the offspring of these unusual unions proved to be itself fertile, planetouched were born within a few generations.
There were many different types of Planetouched:
- Aasimar were descended from celestials
- Axani were descended from lawful outsiders
- Azerblood were descended from shield dwarves and azers
- Baphitaurs were the result of magical experiments in breeding tieflings with minotaurs
- Cansin were descended from chaotic outsiders
- Celadrin were descended from elves and celestial eladrin
- Chaonds were descended from slaadi
- D'hin'ni were descended from lightfoot halflings and djinn
- Draegloths were descended from drow and glabrezu.
- Fey'ri were descended from elves and demons
- Genasi and Para-genasi were descended from elemental creatures, usually genies
- Gloamings were descended from inhabitants of the Plane of Shadow
- Maeluth were descended from dwarves and devils
- Mechanatrixes were descended from Inevitables
- Mur-Zhagul were descended from trolls and demons
- Shadowswyfts were descended from creatures from the Plane of Shadow
- Shyfts were descended from beings from the Ethereal Plane
- Tanarukk were descended from orcs and fiends
- Tieflings were descended from fiends and humans
- Worghest were descended from goblins and barghests
- Wisplings were descended from halflings and demons
- Zenythris were descended from an unknown race or lawful outsiders
Appendix[edit | edit source]
Further Reading[edit | edit source]
- Dragon #297, #350
- Eric Cagle, Jesse Decker, James Jacobs, Erik Mona, Matthew Sernett, Chris Thomasson, and James Wyatt (April 2003). Fiend Folio. (Wizards of the Coast). ISBN 0-7869-2780-1.
- Skip Williams, Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook (July 2003). Monster Manual v.3.5. (Wizards of the Coast). ISBN 0-7869-2893-X.
- Ed Bonny, Jeff Grubb, Rich Redman, Skip Williams, and Steve Winter (September 2002). Monster Manual II 3rd edition. (TSR, Inc). ISBN 07-8692-873-5.
- James Wyatt and Rob Heinsoo (February 2001). Monster Compendium: Monsters of Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast). ISBN 0-7869-1832-2.
- Bruce R. Cordell, Gwendolyn F.M. Kestrel (July 2004). Planar Handbook. (Wizards of the Coast). ISBN 0-7869-3429-8.
- Richard Baker, Matt Forbeck, Sean K. Reynolds (May 2003). Unapproachable East. (Wizards of the Coast). ISBN 0-7869-2881-6.
- Bruce R. Cordell, Gwendolyn F.M. Kestrel, Jeff Quick (October 2003). Underdark. (Wizards of the Coast). ISBN 0-7869-3053-5.