Typical potions of fire breath were glimmering orange in color and covered in smoke that filled the top of any closed containers they were kept in. Once opened, the smoke drifted away.
Upon drinking a potion of fire breath, a creature gained the ability to breathe fire out to a range of 30 feet (9.1 meters) up to three times. This effect lasted for 1 hour, or until all breaths were expended. The fire was powerful enough to deal substantial damage to anyone within range not able to escape it in time. Pre-Spellplague versions of the potion had a range of 25 feet (7.6 meters) and could only be aimed at a single target.
- Tales from the Yawning Portal • Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus
- Card Games
- Dragonfire (Shadows Over Dragonspear Castle)
- Video Games
- Baldur's Gate • Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Monte Cook, Jonathan Tweet, Skip Williams (July 2003). Dungeon Master's Guide 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 255. ISBN 0-7869-2889-1.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford, Christopher Perkins, James Wyatt (2014). Dungeon Master's Guide 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 187. ISBN 978-0786965622.