A cone of multicolored rays emanated from the caster's hand, hitting creatures in their paths at random. Multiple rays could hit the same target. There were seven possible colors, each either dealing damage from a different element or causing a different effect:
- Inflicted fire damage.
- Inflicted acid damage.
- Inflicted lightning damage.
- Inflicted poison damage.
- Inflicted cold damage.
- A creature affected by this ray became paralyzed and was subsequently turned to stone.
- A creature struck by this ray became blind, and could be subsequently banished to another plane.
During the Time of Troubles of 1358 DR, Luna confronted the false avatar of Selûne and the two broke into a spell-battle. Luna tried a prismatic spray, but it could not penetrate the other's magical defenses.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 slade, James Butler (November 1996). Netheril: Empire of Magic (The Winds of Netheril). (TSR, Inc.), pp. 23, 26. ISBN 0-7869-0437-2.
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 209–211, 267. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- ↑ Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 264. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.
- ↑ David "Zeb" Cook (August 1989). Player's Handbook (2nd edition). (TSR, Inc.), p. 186. ISBN 0-88038-716-5.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb and Andria Hayday (April 1992). Arabian Adventures. (TSR, Inc), p. 153. ISBN 978-1560763581.
- ↑ slade, James Butler (November 1996). Netheril: Empire of Magic (The Winds of Netheril). (TSR, Inc.), p. 121. ISBN 0-7869-0437-2.
- ↑ Dan Mishkin (June 1990). “Selune Rising”. In Elliot S. Maggin ed. Advanced Dungeons & Dragons #19 (DC Comics), pp. 20–21.