Upon casting protection from poison, the caster gained complete protection from any classification of poisons that could be delivered by the same route of entry. Among these were: contact, ingestion, inhalation or injection. Any poisons applied to the caster by another means had their usual effect and any poisons already within their system were otherwise unaffected. If cast on another individual who was already suffering from poisoning, the spell eliminated the poison. The caster had to physically touch the individual and know what poison was causing the damage.
- ↑ According to the Player's Handbook 5th edition, the 5th edition version of this spell requires only a verbal and somatic component.
- ↑ Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 207, 208, 209. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Anthony Pryor (1995). Spellbound (Campaign Guide). (TSR, Inc), p. 95. ISBN 978-0786901395.
- ↑ Steve Perrin (1988). Dreams of the Red Wizards. (TSR, Inc), pp. 41–42. ISBN 0-88038-615-0.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Anthony Pryor (1995). Spellbound (Campaign Guide). (TSR, Inc), p. 96. ISBN 978-0786901395.
- ↑ Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 270. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.