|Wikipedia has an article about:|
Quails were a common species of bird in the Forgotten Realms.
The sand hen was a rare type of quail that could be found in the rimwood area of the Cormanthor forest, east of the River Lis. It was notable for the tasty stock that could be produced from its carcass.
In the city of Ravens Bluff, quails were served at the Raven's Glory, Phoaraudo's, and Volodar's Stardust Inn. Also in that city, the establishments Sword Tables Dining Lounge and Nimber's Skewer Shop sold quail meat on skewers.
|This Realmslore article about a creature is a stub. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by expanding it.|
- James Butler, Elizabeth T. Danforth, Jean Rabe (September 1994). “Cormanthor”. In Karen S. Boomgarden ed. Elminster's Ecologies (TSR, Inc), p. 15. ISBN 1-5607-6917-3.
- Ed Greenwood (1993). Volo's Guide to the North. (TSR, Inc), p. 67. ISBN 1-5607-6678-6.
- Jennell Jaquays (1988). The Savage Frontier. (TSR, Inc), p. 14. ISBN 0-88038-593-6.
- Ed Greenwood (November 1998). The City of Ravens Bluff. (TSR, Inc), pp. 116, 120, 125. ISBN 0-7869-1195-6.
- Ed Greenwood (November 1998). The City of Ravens Bluff. (TSR, Inc), pp. 112, 131–132. ISBN 0-7869-1195-6.