The Rage of Demons was a Dungeons & Dragons storyline that began in September 2015 with Out of the Abyss and ran through March 2016. The storyline was primarily set on the Sword Coast and in the Moonsea region.
The Wizards of the Coast provided the following introduction to the Rage of Demons:
|“||Following on the critically-acclaimed Tyranny of Dragons and Elemental Evil stories, Rage of Demons will transport characters to the deadly and insane underworld. Rumors of powerful demon lords such as Demogorgon, Orcus and Graz'zt terrorizing the denizens of the Underdark have begun to filter up to the cities of the Sword Coast. The already dangerous caverns below the surface are thrown into ultimate chaos, madness and discord. The renegade drow Drizzt Do'Urden is sent to investigate but it will be up to you to aid in his fight against the demons before he succumbs to his darker temptations.||”|
|— Rage of Demons article|
The storyline was also described this way:
|“||The main storyline for Rage of Demons takes place in the vast subterranean world known as the Underdark. This dark landscape is a twisted labyrinth where fear reigns, and is home to horrific monsters that have never seen the light of day. It is here that the dark elf Gromph Baenre, Archmage of Menzoberranzan, performs a foul ritual meant to tap into the magical energy of Faerzress that suffuses the Underdark—and tears open portals to the demonic Abyss in the process. The creatures that step through those portals horrify even the archmage, and from that moment on, demonic insanity pervades the Underdark and threatens to shake the Forgotten Realms to its foundations. Adventurers must stop the madness before it consumes the Underdark and spreads to destroy the surface folk of Faerûn!.||”|
|— Adventurers League Player's Guide 3.0|
A key part of the storyline was presented in Archmage: the appearance of demons in Menzoberranzan and elsewhere in the Underdark, which were summoned in 1485 DR and 1486 DR by Matron Mother Quenthel Baenre in order to secure her reign over the city. The presence of the demons was according to the plans of Lolth, who arranged for Gromph Baenre to inadvertently summon Demogorgon to the Prime Material Plane in 1486 DR.
Rage of Demons productsEdit
- Harried in Hillsfar
- Shackles of Blood
- The Occupation of Szith Morcane
- It's All in the Blood
- Bane of the Tradeways
- No Foolish Matter
- Herald of the Moon
- The Malady of Elventree
- The Waydown
- Quelling the Horde
- Quest for Sporedome
- Hillsfar Reclaimed (February 1, 2016)
- Writhing in the Dark (February 1, 2016)
- Death on the Wall (February 28, 2016)
- Szith Morcane Unbound (February 28, 2016)
- Assault on Maerimydra (February 28, 2016)
- Christopher Perkins (2015-08-13). Introducing Rage of Demons (Web). In Matt Chapman ed. Dragon+ 3. Wizards of the Coast. p. 5. Retrieved on 2017-07-16.
- Matt Chapman (2015-08-13). Ways to Play Rage of Demons (Web). In Matt Chapman ed. Dragon+ 3. Wizards of the Coast. p. 6. Retrieved on 2017-07-16.
- Adventurer's League Player's Guide 3:0: Rage of Demons edition (Wizards.com, PDF)
- ↑ Rage of Demons FAQ. Wizards of the Coast FAQs. Retrieved on 2015-09-22.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Adventurer's League Player's Guide 3.0: Rage of Demons edition (PDF). Wizards.com. (2015-07-23). Retrieved on 2015-11-03.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Rage of Demons. Wizards.com. (2015-05-16). Retrieved on 2015-09-22.
- ↑ Wizards of the Coast (2015-07-23). Adventurers League Player's Guide 3.0 (Rage of Demons edition) , link: (PDF). Adventurers League (Wizards of the Coast), p. 8.
- ↑ R.A. Salvatore (September 2015). Archmage (Hardcover). (Wizards of the Coast). ISBN 0-7869-6575-4.
- ↑ 6.00 6.01 6.02 6.03 6.04 6.05 6.06 6.07 6.08 6.09 6.10 6.11 6.12 6.13 6.14 6.15 Rage of Demons Adventures. http://dndadventurersleague.org. (2015-09-01). Retrieved on 2015-11-01.