Ravens were black birds similar to crows. They were opportunistic eaters, feeding on carrion, insects, grains, fruits, and small animals. These birds thrived in most northern climates and were very long-lived, making them ideal pets and companions.
A large number of ravens lived in the asteroid known as the Castle, in the center of the Tears of Selûne. They were also found along the most commonly traveled branches of Yggdrasil, the World Ash.
The Raven Queen commanded numerous flocks of ravens from her divine realm in the Shadowfell. The ravens acted as the Queen's scouts and messengers across the multiverse, also alerting and guiding her shadar-kai servants to the location of items and memories that she wished to collect.
|This article is incomplete. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by providing more information.|
- ↑ Wizards RPG Team (2014). Monster Manual 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 335. ISBN 978-0786965614.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Skip Williams, Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook (July 2003). Monster Manual 3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 278. ISBN 0-7869-2893-X.
- ↑ Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford, Christopher Perkins, James Wyatt (2014). Dungeon Master's Guide 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 302–305. ISBN 978-0786965622.
- ↑ Dale "slade" Henson (April 1991). Realmspace. Edited by Gary L. Thomas, Karen S. Boomgarden. (TSR, Inc), p. 30. ISBN 1-56076-052-4.
- ↑ Wolfgang Baur, Gwendolyn F.M. Kestrel (April 2007). Expedition to the Demonweb Pits. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 40. ISBN 978-0-7869-4038-7.
- ↑ Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (May 29, 2018). Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes. Edited by Kim Mohan, Michele Carter. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 59–61. ISBN 978-0786966240.
- ↑ Christopher Perkins, Tracy Hickman, Laura Hickman (March 2016). Curse of Strahd. Edited by Kim Mohan. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 242. ISBN 978-0-7869-6598-4.