Ravenloft: Stone Prophet is a computer game that was developed by DreamForge Intertainment in 1995 and published by Strategic Simulations. It was based on the Advanced Dungeons and Dragons 2nd Edition system, and was the second video game of the Ravenloft campaign setting.[note 2]
Escape the dreaded realm of Har'Akir before its legendary ruler, the ancient mummy Anhktepot, awakens - and puts an end to your stay himself! Return to the bone-chilling RAVENLOFT® game world for an all-new adventure. Interact with fascinating Non-Player Characters. Engage in spine-tingling dungeon exploration, where new monsters lurk around every turn! You'll need brains as well as brawn to survive this adventure in one piece - Stone Prophet features more puzzles than any other AD&D® computer game! New tactics make combat more challenging. The ability to fly adds even more intensity to battles. Plus, a new spell management system enhances real-time playability. High-resolution VGA graphics deliver SuperVGA performance, which means you get killer graphics without a SuperVGA card. Add the eerie digitized musical score and sound effects, and you'll be wrapped up for hours on end!
- This all-new adventure in the vast, complex RAVENLOFT® game world features more puzzles than any other AD&D computer game - for hours of terror-filled play!
- Digitized voices and stunning cinematics throughout the adventure take full advantage of the CD-ROM capabilities!
- A new spell management system improves playability in the game's real-time environment.
- New monsters and tactics make combat much more intense. The ability to fly adds even more excitement to battles!
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
The first person role-playing game used the same engine as the previous game, Ravenloft: Strahd's Possession, but revolved around Egyptian-based culture, instead of the typical Ravenloft horror.
Plot[edit | edit source]
A strange and unknown source of magic appears in Elturel, shown by luminous veils stretching from the land to the sky. The companions meet the captain of the Hellriders, who shows curiosity at the blinding magic. Beyond the magical curtain lies a section of desert, and the eager two Hellriders move out, only for Elturel to disappear around them, and a vast and expansive desert lies in its place... The bold adventurers, now trapped, have to find a way to free themselves of this evil land, and make their way back home.
Index[edit | edit source]
Characters[edit | edit source]
Creatures[edit | edit source]
Locations[edit | edit source]
Magic[edit | edit source]
- acid bolt • Aganazzar's scorcher • aid • armor • bless • blur • burning hands • cause critical wounds • cause light wounds • cause serious wounds • change form • chill touch • claws of the umber hulk • cone of cold • create water • cure critical wounds • cure disease • cure light wounds • cure serious wounds • death spell • detect evil • detect invisibility • detect magic • detect pits • detect scrying • detect undead • disintegrate • dispel magic • dragon scales • draw upon holy might • enchant weapon • feather fall • fireball • fire seeds • flame arrow • flame blade • flame strike • flaming sphere • fly • fortify • free action • harm • haste • heal • hold monster • hold person • hold undead • ice knife • ice storm • improved identify • invisibility, 10' radius • invisibility to undead • jump • knock • levitate • lich touch • light • lightning bolt • magic missile • magical stone • magical vestment • Melf's acid arrow • negative plane protection • neutralize poison • Otiluke's freezing sphere • prayer • protection from evil • protection from evil, 10' radius • raise dead • remove curse • remove paralysis • shield • shocking grasp • slow • slow poison • speak with animals • spiritual hammer • spook • stinking cloud • stoneskin • summmon insects • summon swarm • teleport • true seeing • turn undead • vampiric touch • venom bolt • wizard eye • wizard lock
Organizations[edit | edit source]
Religions[edit | edit source]
Appendix[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Later released by GOG on multiple platforms: Windows, Mac, Linux.
- For the sake of relevance to Realms, only characters, creatures, spells etc., common to Forgotten Realms sources are mentioned in this article.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Images from Ravenloft: Stone Prophet
Connections[edit | edit source]
Other settingsAl-Qadim: The Genie's Curse • Planescape: Torment • Ravenloft: Stone Prophet • Ravenloft: Strahd's Possession • Spelljammer: Pirates of Realmspace