Recitation was an abjuration/evocation spell that invoked a deity's blessing on a battle; aiding the caster and any allies while hindering any enemies in the area of effect. A later version of this spell fell under the divine domain of creation, within the school of conjuration.
Effects[edit | edit source]
This spell was cast by reading out loud a passage or declaration of a sacred text related to the caster's religion. For the duration of the spell, the caster and all allies were given a boost to their combat skills and made to strike harder against their foes. Allies of the same religion were given extra luck and strength. Likewise, all enemies were confused and doubtful and made unable to muster their full strength in combat. The area of effect was a 60 ft (18.3 m) circle centered on the caster. Once the spell was completed, the caster was free to do other things.
Components[edit | edit source]
Appendix[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Richard Baker, Matt Forbeck, Sean K. Reynolds (May 2003). Unapproachable East. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 52. ISBN 0-7869-2881-6.
- David "Zeb" Cook (August 1989). Player's Handbook (2nd edition). (TSR, Inc.), p. 28. ISBN 0-88038-716-5.
- David "Zeb" Cook (April 1995). Player's Handbook 2nd edition (revised). (TSR, Inc.), p. 39. ISBN 0-7869-0329-5.
- Richard Baker (1996). Player's Option: Spells & Magic. (TSR, Inc), pp. 172, 186. ISBN 0-7869-0394-5.
- Richard Baker (1996). Player's Option: Spells & Magic. (TSR, Inc), p. 172. ISBN 0-7869-0394-5.