The Red Plumes was a mercenary army of warriors that operated directly under the will of First Lord Maalthiir. They enforced his will within the walls of Hillsfar, even going so far as to harass its inhabitants, while regularly extorting them, in order to maintain a fear of his authority. They understood their limits however, never going as far as to warrant complaints that could be overheard by the First Lord.
|“||"Yes, then we'll have found the Red Death," Olive growled. "That's what Maalthir's mercenaries are called among my people. Under his orders, they carried out a campaign to purge Hillsfar of thieves. Human thieves could hide, but all halflings were thieves, as far as Maalthir's Red Death was concerned. They drove every halfling from the city in the middle of the night, forced them to leave their valuables behind, didn't even give them a chance to sell the land or shops they owned."||”|
|— Olive Ruskettle|
- Jorgen Berginblade, general of the Red Plumes
- Dounalis Guff, chaplain of the Red Plumes
- Serag Kull, a captain within the ranks of the Red Plumes
- Roi Uxio, a soldier with an addiction to silkroot
- Video games
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Jeff Grubb and Kate Novak (November 1988). Azure Bonds. (TSR, Inc), p. 205. ISBN 0-8803-8612-6.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Thomas M. Reid, Sean K. Reynolds, Darrin Drader, Wil Upchurch (June 2006). Mysteries of the Moonsea. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 48. ISBN 0-7869-3915-X.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Thomas M. Reid, Sean K. Reynolds, Darrin Drader, Wil Upchurch (June 2006). Mysteries of the Moonsea. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 49. ISBN 0-7869-3915-X.