|This Needs past tense and an in-universe perspective. requires cleanup.
Please discuss this issue on the talk page and improve it if you can.
|This article or section contains Dungeons & Dragons gameplay mechanics in violation of the "no crunch" rule.
Please help improve this article by removing the relevant information or rewriting it so as to reflect an in-universe perspective.
Red Wizard is a special prestige class in Thay whose members belong to the Red Wizards of Thay. Would-be Red wizards tend to focus on one school of magic. Very few sorcerers and bards decide to become Red wizards; those that do are considered misfits.
- Specialist Defense
- Red wizards gain a bonus to defense from their chosen school of specialization.
- Spell Power
- Spells cast that share the same school as a Red wizards specialty become more powerful with this ability.
- Scribe Tattoo
- Experienced Red wizards are able to scribe the magical Thayan tattoos upon novice spellcasters.
Notable Red wizardsEdit
- Red Wizards of Thay — This is the organization of evil spellcasters to which all Red Wizards are members. They are the notorious ruling class in the inhospitable, but well-inhabited, country of Thay and would-be magical overlords of Faerûn.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 50. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ Anthony Pryor (1995). Spellbound (Campaign Guide). (TSR, Inc), p. 99. ISBN 978-0786901395.
- ↑ Sean K. Reynolds, Duane Maxwell, Angel McCoy (August 2001). Magic of Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 76. ISBN 0-7869-1964-7.