The Retreat was the name given to the mass migration of elves from Faerûn to Evermeet. It was instigated by the Elven Court in the Year of Moonfall, 1344 DR. During the Retreat, over ninety percent of the elves in the forest of Cormanthor migrated to Evermeet or Evereska.
In the Year of Lightning Storms Cambrizym of Candlekeep wrote that the Retreat had come to an end, though not by official proclamation but rather through having reached its own tipping point, by which almost all who had meant to leave had already done so, leaving only a few lonely pilgrims to make the journey by themselves. Shortly thereafter, the Retreat began to reverse itself, with many from Evermeet returning to Faerûn's shores.
|This article is incomplete. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by providing more information.|
- Brian R. James, Ed Greenwood (September 2007). The Grand History of the Realms. Edited by Kim Mohan, Penny Williams. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 139. ISBN 978-0-7869-4731-7.
- Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 13–15. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- Eric L. Boyd (April 2007). “Volo's Guide: Cormanthor: War Amidst the Trees”. In Erik Mona ed. Dragon #354 (Paizo Publishing, LLC), p. 70.
- Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 123. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- James Wyatt and Rob Heinsoo (February 2001). Monster Compendium: Monsters of Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast). ISBN 0-7869-1832-2.