The Walking Statue of Waterdeep known as the Sahuagin Humbled was originally the only Walking Statue visible in Waterdeep, and it stood on Gull Leap at the end of Julthoon Street. After defending the city from a sahuagin invasion in the Year of the Tankard, 1370 DR, Khelben "Blackstaff" Arunsun (the creator of the statue and most of its brethren) reshaped the statue into the image of a sahuagin, moved it to the base of Mount Waterdeep, and had it pose down on one knee showing reverence toward the House of Heroes on the far side of the Field of Triumph to the north.
- ↑ Eric L. Boyd (June 2005). City of Splendors: Waterdeep. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 21. ISBN 0-7869-3693-2.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood (January 1993). Volo's Guide to Waterdeep. (TSR, Inc.), p. 9. ISBN 1-56076-335-3.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood (1987). Waterdeep and the North. (TSR, Inc), p. 23. ISBN 0-88038-490-5.
- ↑ Christopher Perkins, James Haeck, James Introcaso, Adam Lee, Matthew Sernett (September 2018). Waterdeep: Dragon Heist. Edited by Jeremy Crawford. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 183. ISBN 978-0-7869-6625-7.
- ↑ Map by Jason Engle included in Christopher Perkins, James Haeck, James Introcaso, Adam Lee, Matthew Sernett (September 2018). Waterdeep: Dragon Heist. Edited by Jeremy Crawford. (Wizards of the Coast). ISBN 978-0-7869-6625-7.