|“||By the blessings of the drunken god's double visions!||”|
|— Friar Dugald|
The Order of St. Dionysus was based around St. Dionysus. The Church of Dionysus, a center of the Order and devoted to the saint, began construction in the city of Goliad in Damara in the Year of the Serpent, 1359 DR. As a result, St. Dionysus was honored in Damara.
- St. Dionysus originally appeared in the Bloodstone Pass series of adventure modules, which was later retconned into the Forgotten Realms setting. In the modules The Mines of Bloodstone, The Bloodstone Wars, and The Throne of Bloodstone, the pregenerated character Friar Dugald was listed as a member of the Order of St. Dionysus and St. Dionysus implied to be a god. While adapting this lore to the Realms, The Bloodstone Lands and Faiths & Avatars reduced St. Dionysus to a saint of Ilmater. However, the Road of the Patriarch later referred to him as "the drunken god".
- Dionysus or Dionysius is of course named after Dionysus, the Greek god of wine. However, the god himself does not appear in the Forgotten Realms setting.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Julia Martin, Eric L. Boyd (March 1996). Faiths & Avatars. (TSR, Inc), p. 76. ISBN 978-0786903849.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 R.A. Salvatore (July 2007). Road of the Patriarch (Mass Market Paperback). (Wizards of the Coast), p. 30. ISBN 978-0-7869-4277-0.
- ↑ R.A. Salvatore (1989). The Bloodstone Lands. Edited by Elizabeth T. Danforth. (TSR, Inc), p. 23. ISBN 0-88038-771-8.
- ↑ R.A. Salvatore (1989). The Bloodstone Lands. Edited by Elizabeth T. Danforth. (TSR, Inc), p. 37–38. ISBN 0-88038-771-8.