The Scar was the massive, eponymous gorge that spanned the width of Scardale within the southern Dalelands. The deep cliffs of the canyon enveloped the River Ashaba on the tail end of its course from the Feather Falls waterfall in the west until it emptied into the Sea of Fallen Stars in the east.
The chasm of Scardale was so large that it contained a wealth of farmland, a number of small villages as well as all the larger cities of Scardale including:
- Scardale Town: The remnants of the dale's former capital, that served as a port city in the Sea of Fallen Stars.
- Scarsdeep: A smaller town, nearby to Chandlerscross, that grew in size and population during the dale's occupation.
- Richard Baker (1993). The Dalelands. (TSR, Inc), p. 38. ISBN 978-1560766674.
- Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 136. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 135. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
Daggerdale • Featherdale • High Dale • Mistledale • Shadowdale
Moondale • Sessrendale • Tarkhaldale • Teshendale
Arch Wood • Cormanthor • Darkwatch • Spiderhaunt Wood • Velarswood • Yevenwood
Bodies of Water
River Arkhen • River Ashaba • Feather Falls • Dragon Reach • Lake Eredruie • Glaemril
Dun Hills • Thunder Peaks • Wyvernfang
Barrowfields • Cold Field • Druid's Grove • Glaun Bog • Hidden Vale • The Scar