The province of sea in the Zakharan view of magic was a group of spells related to the element of water. Dominated by deserts as the Land of Fate was, the magical province took its name from the one place where water was abundant: the seas surrounding the continent, so important for trade and travel. Many of its spells were related to sea-faring.
Elemental mages in Zakhara specialized exclusively in one province, like sea, while sorcerers took spells from two provinces, shunning the other two. Unlike elementalists, magic-users from the Land of Fate recognized no opposition between sea and flame.
Paths of power
- Sea Children's Road, manipulating water to ease travel and life in general
- Corsair's Path, containing spells affecting ships and sea travel
- Mistweaver's Path, using fog, water and ice to distract and attack
- Road of the Marid, comprising spells to protect one against the elements and affect elemental water creatures
- Jeff Grubb and Andria Hayday (April 1992). Arabian Adventures. (TSR, Inc), p. 111. ISBN 978-1560763581.
- Jeff Grubb and Andria Hayday (April 1992). Arabian Adventures. (TSR, Inc), pp. 40–41. ISBN 978-1560763581.
- Jeff Grubb and Andria Hayday (April 1992). Arabian Adventures. (TSR, Inc), pp. 10–11, 13. ISBN 978-1560763581.
- David Cook (October 1992). “Map Booklet”. In Bill Slavicsek ed. Golden Voyages (TSR, Inc.). ISBN 978-1560763314.
- Jeff Grubb and Andria Hayday (April 1992). Arabian Adventures. (TSR, Inc), pp. 114–148. ISBN 978-1560763581.
- David "Zeb" Cook (August 1989). Player's Handbook (2nd edition). (TSR, Inc.), pp. 31–32, 81. ISBN 0-88038-716-5.
- Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (August 2000). Player's Handbook 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 172. ISBN 0-7869-1551-4.
- Steve Kurtz (1994). Al-Qadim: Ruined Kingdoms: Campaign Guide. (TSR, Inc), p. 10. ISBN 1-56076-815-0.
- Cook, Findley, Herring, Kubasik, Sargent, Swan (1991). Tome of Magic 2nd edition. (TSR, Inc), p. 9. ISBN 1-56076-107-5.
- Wolfgang Baur and Steve Kurtz (April 1995). “Paths of Power”. In Kim Mohan ed. Dragon #216 (TSR, Inc.), pp. 42–49.
Schools of effect
Air • Earth • Fire • Water • Dimension • Incantation • Shadow
Schools of thaumaturgy
Artifice • Song • Wild magic
Zakharan provinces of magic
Flame • Sand • Sea • Wind • Universal
Netherese Fields of Mythal
Inventive • Mentalism • Variation
Chronomancy • Hishna • Pluma • Paths of power