A tortuously winding river snaked through the Serpent Valley, deep amidst the untamed hills. All around, the land was marshy or swampy, leaving islands and patches of firmer ground within the loops of the river. The land was green and fertile.
The Serpent Valley was known as a hard and fearsome place, where bandits laired, the most enduring survivalists made their homes, and only the bravest dared trespass. The river was thought dark and mysterious.
During the time of the Bloodforge Wars (648–657 DR),[note 1] the Serpent Valley was the site of bloodforge battles waged between Rathgar the Raider, conqueror of Doegan, and Aelric the Avenger, who sought to liberate the realm, in the Howl of Vengeance conflict.
Haden Stonehand made a home in the Serpent Valley. The commander of the Legendary Campaign, who aimed to unify the Utter East through conquest, returned to challenge Haden in a contest of bloodforge warfare.
Finally, Newt Longscar mustered and trained a bloodforge army in the Serpent Valley to fight against the advancing commander of the Legendary Campaign. The commander tried to strike first before Newt was fully prepared and established.
- ↑ The events of Blood & Magic are only dated to "before the Time of Troubles" (1358 DR) in game. It is assumed these are a part of the Bloodforge Wars described in Faces of Deception and dated in The Grand History of the Realms.
- ↑ Tachyon Studios (November 1996). Designed by Brian Fargo. Blood & Magic. Interplay.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Tachyon Studios (November 1996). Designed by Brian Fargo. Blood & Magic. Interplay.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 Tachyon Studios (November 1996). Designed by Brian Fargo. Blood & Magic. Interplay.
- ↑ Brian R. James and Ed Greenwood (September, 2007). The Grand History of the Realms. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 94. ISBN 978-0-7869-4731-7.