Circa the Year of the Banner, 1368 DR, the druids operated out of the Cloak Wood forest on the Sword Coast. By the following year, the group had taken over and established themselves within a druidic grove to the south in Amn.
The Shadow Druids continued their operations for well over a century, carrying out their deeds in the name and memory of their founder Faldorn. In the Year of Three Ships Sailing, 1492 DR, the group was still active throughout the Sword Coast. One of their order Kagha, took over temporary leadership of the Emerald Grove and attempted to perform the Rite of Thorns to ensure it would remain in control of the Shadow Druids.
- 14th century
- Amarande, Shadow Archdruid of the Cloak Wood.
- Faldorn, the leader of the order after Amarande.
- 15th century
- Aelis, an archdruid and leader within the order.
- Kagha, a druid positioned within the Emerald Grove.
- BioWare (December 1998). Designed by James Ohlen. Baldur's Gate. Black Isle Studios.
- BioWare (September 2000). Designed by James Ohlen, Kevin Martens. Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn. Black Isle Studios.
- Larian Studios (October 2020). Designed by Swen Vincke, et al. Baldur's Gate III. Larian Studios.