Weapons with this power sparked with writhing blue energy within the material of the weapon itself.
These weapons had the power to reduce the spell resistance of any creature struck by a small amount. This reduction was only temporary, lasting about six seconds, but multiple repeated strikes in a short time frame did cumulative damage to the resistance. However, the attacker had no way of knowing how much the blow had reduced the opponent's resistance.
Magic-weapon crafters who desired to forge such weapons had to already be skilled at overcoming the spell resistances of others. On other worlds, an identical weapon property could be achieved by crafting a weapon with the spell assay spell resistance, but this was not the technique used in Waterdeep, from where these Art-crafted weapons were developed.
Notable Shattermantle WeaponsEdit
- ↑ In the core sourcebook Magic Item Compendium, the aura was changed to Divination, as a result of now requiring the spell assay spell resistance to create, which was published in the companion sourcebook Spell Compendium, but since this is a Forgotten Realms wiki, the original aura is listed here.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Eric L. Boyd (June 2005). City of Splendors: Waterdeep. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 146. ISBN 0-7869-3693-2.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Andy Collins, Eytan Bernstein, Frank Brunner, Owen K. C. Stephens, John Snead (March 2007). Magic Item Compendium. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 43. ISBN 978-0-7869-4345-6.
- ↑ Eric L. Boyd (June 2005). City of Splendors: Waterdeep. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 148. ISBN 0-7869-3693-2.
- ↑ Eric L. Boyd (June 2005). City of Splendors: Waterdeep. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 83–84. ISBN 0-7869-3693-2.