Snilloc was the inventor of three known spells in the Realms, Snilloc's snowball, Snilloc's snowball swarm and Snilloc's major missile, as well as a rumored fourth, Snilloc's cream pie. There also existed a path of power based on Snilloc's magic, a so-called lost path which was not publicly known.
If Snilloc's writings represented his personality in person, then he was apparently a patronizing and overly self-confident individual.
Snilloc was one of several powerful mages that were mortified and infuriated when some of their spells were published in Volo's Guide to All Things Magical. He was heard to say that Volothamp Geddarm deserved to lose his head after spending "most of eternity as a dung beetle crushed under a rock at the bottom of a cesspool."
Behind the ScenesEdit
Dave Collins created several spells while playing in Jeff Grubb's original campaign setting, and these were said to be the work of the wizard Snilloc, which is of course Collins' name written backwards.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Ed Greenwood, Tim Beach (1995). Pages from the Mages. (TSR, Inc), p. 32. ISBN 0-7869-0183-7.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Tim Beach (1995). Pages from the Mages. (TSR, Inc), p. 33. ISBN 0-7869-0183-7.
- ↑ Mark Middleton et al (March 1998). Wizard's Spell Compendium Volume Three. (TSR, Inc), pp. 832–833. ISBN 978-0786907915.
- ↑ Wolfgang Baur and Steve Kurtz (April 1995). “Paths of Power”. In Kim Mohan ed. Dragon #216 (TSR, Inc.), pp. 42–49.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood (January 1993). Volo's Guide to Waterdeep. (TSR, Inc.), p. 233. ISBN 1-56076-335-3.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb (November 1994). “First Quest: Mammals and Dinosaurs”. In Kim Mohan ed. Dragon #211 (TSR, Inc.), p. 22.