Solonor Thelandira (pronounced: /ˈsoʊloʊnoʊr θɛˈlɑːndɪrə/ SO-lo-nohr theh-LAN-dih-ruh) was the elven god of hunting, archery, and survival in wild and harsh places. He taught his followers the arts of hunting; including archery, moving unseen and hiding in the wild places. He watched over the borders of wilderness and farmed land and sought to maintain the balance between them. Solonor lived in the realm of Arvandor on the plane of Arborea.
Solonor manifested as a lean & muscular male elf clad in a cloak of leaves. Wolf, a Beast Totem Spirit worshipped by wild elves, was often depicted at the side of Solonor in religious iconography.
Solonor always kept his word and so did not offer it lightly. He often came across as grim due to the complexities of his duty making compromises between those who wanted to exploit nature's gifts and those who wished to preserve nature in an unaltered state.
Solonor's divine realm was called the Pale Tree and was located in the deepest, most dense part of Arvandor's unspoiled woodlands. It was a huge tree, towering far above even neighboring redwoods, with white bark and silver leaves. Solonor's petitioners lived among its boughs on platforms, with ropes placed among them for travel between them. Solonor himself spent very little time there. Elves believed that leaves taken from the tree had mystical powers and were therefore very valuable to them.
Solonor could draw two special arrows of slaying from his quiver per day. First, he needed to touch his intended target, but then he could create this arrow that, should it hit, would instantly kill them unless they were a demigod or more powerful. If he could not touch his quarry, it would be a regular arrow of slaying for the type of creature it was fired at.
He was almost impossible to ambush, since he was aware of any being within 1,500 feet of him. He was also capable of turning any arrow shot at him back upon the firer, effectively making him immune to most missile attacks. In arboreal surroundings, Solonor could become both invisible and completely silent, leaving absolutely no trace of his passing unless he wanted to. Finally, Solonor was the best archer among all of the gods of Faerûn.
Solonor carried the magical elven longbow Longshot, that could fire as far as the horizon, accompanied by the Quiver of Endless Arrows that never emptied of magical ammunition. He also wore boots of varied tracks and a necklace of adaptation.
Solonor was never in one place long, and was always hunting some quarry or another. He hunted not to kill for killing's sake but to maintain the balance of nature and to destroy evil. He did not close with foes, but tracked them and shot from a distance.
Solonor was well-respected member of the Seldarine, answering to Corellon Larethian. He counted as allies practically all good-aligned nature deities as well as Silvanus and several beast cults. Solonor was particularly close to Eilistraee and Mielikki, both of whom he has been said to be romantically linked with at some point. Solonor counted Malar and Talos as his worst foes, with Lolth earning the next greatest amount of his ire. Solonor also opposed the Unseelie Court, particularly the Queen of Air and Darkness, and any deity who would despoil nature.
- half-elves of a natural bent, usually rangers, or other warriors who were particularly skilled at archery. Solonor's worshipers were invariably elves or
|This section is a stub. You can help us by expanding it.|
Rumors & LegendsEdit
|This section is a stub. You can help us by expanding it.|
Walk in harmony with nature and oppose the efforts of those who would disturb her delicate balance. Preserve the wild places from excessive encroachment, and work with those who would settle the land to preserve the beauty that first attracted them. Hunt only for sustenance, culling the old and the weak from the herd so that all species may prosper. Like an arrow in flight, it is difficult to arrest the consequences of an action. Choose your targets carefully, for an ill-considered action can have a long-reaching impact.
- Roger E. Moore and Georgia Moore (April 1982). “All About Elves: The gods of the elves”. In Kim Mohan ed. Dragon #60 (TSR, Inc.), pp. 9–12.
- Roger E. Moore (April 1982). “All About Elves: The elven point of view”. In Kim Mohan ed. Dragon #60 (TSR, Inc.), pp. 6–8.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 238. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Eric L. Boyd (1998). Demihuman Deities. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 132–133. ISBN 0-7869-1239-1.
- ↑ Kim Mohan ed. (2015). Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 23,117,134. ISBN 978-0786965809.
- ↑ Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (May 29, 2018). Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes. Edited by Kim Mohan, Michele Carter. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 43,48. ISBN 978-0786966240.
- ↑ Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 62–63. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- ↑ Bruce R. Cordell, Ed Greenwood, Chris Sims (August 2008). Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 81. ISBN 978-0-7869-4924-3.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Eric L. Boyd, Erik Mona (May 2002). Faiths and Pantheons. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 131–132. ISBN 0-7869-2759-3.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Richard Baker, James Wyatt (March 2004). Player's Guide to Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 144. ISBN 0-7869-3134-5.
- ↑ Colin McComb (1996). On Hallowed Ground. (TSR, Inc), pp. 97, 99. ISBN 0-7869-0430-5.
- ↑ Roger E. Moore and Georgia Moore (April 1982). “All About Elves: The gods of the elves”. In Kim Mohan ed. Dragon #60 (TSR, Inc.), pp. 9–12.
- ↑ Anne Gray McCready et al. (March 1994). Elves of Evermeet. (TSR, Inc), p. 80. ISBN 1-5607-6829-0.
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2 12.3 12.4 12.5 Eric L. Boyd (1998). Demihuman Deities. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 133. ISBN 0-7869-1239-1.
- ↑ Wolfgang Baur and Lester Smith (1994-07-01). “The Book of Chaos”. In Michele Carter ed. Planes of Chaos (TSR, Inc), p. 42. ISBN 1560768746.
- ↑ Eric L. Boyd (1998). Demihuman Deities. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 134. ISBN 0-7869-1239-1.
Angharradh • Corellon Larethian
Aerdrie Faenya • Deep Sashelas • Erevan Ilesere • Hanali Celanil • Labelas Enoreth • Rillifane Rallathil • Sehanine Moonbow • Solonor Thelandira • Tarsellis Meunniduin • Vandria Gilmadrith
Araleth Letheranil • Fenmarel Mestarine • Kirith Sotheril • Melira Taralen • Naralis Analor • Rellavar Danuvien • Sarula Iliene
Alathrien Druanna • Alobal Lorfiril • Darahl Firecloak • Mythrien Sarath • Shevarash • Tethrin Veraldé
Akadi | Amaunator | Asmodeus | Auril | Azuth | Bane | Beshaba | Bhaal | Chauntea | Cyric | Deneir | Eldath | Gond | Grumbar | Gwaeron | Helm | Hoar | Ilmater | Istishia | Jergal | Kelemvor | Kossuth | Lathander | Leira | Lliira | Loviatar | Malar | Mask | Mielikki | Milil | Myrkul | Mystra | Oghma | Red Knight | Savras | Selûne | Shar | Silvanus | Sune | Talona | Talos | Tempus | Torm | Tymora | Tyr | Umberlee | Valkur | Waukeen
Abbathor | Berronar Truesilver | Clangeddin Silverbeard | Deep Duerra | Dugmaren Brightmantle | Dumathoin | Gorm Gulthyn | Haela Brightaxe | Laduguer | Marthammor Duin | Moradin | Sharindlar | Vergadain
Aerdrie Faenya | Angharradh | Corellon | Deep Sashelas | Erevan | Fenmarel Mestarine | Hanali Celanil | Labelas Enoreth | Rillifane Rallathil | Sehanine Moonbow | Shevarash | Solonor Thelandira
The Dark Seldarine
Eilistraee | Kiaransalee | Lolth | Selvetarm | Vhaeraun
Arvoreen | Brandobaris | Cyrrollalee | Sheela Peryroyl | Urogalan | Yondalla
Lords of the Golden Hills
Baervan Wildwanderer | Baravar Cloakshadow | Callarduran Smoothhands | Flandal Steelskin | Gaerdal Ironhand | Garl Glittergold | Nebelun | Segojan Earthcaller | Urdlen
Bahgtru | Gruumsh | Ilneval | Luthic | Shargaas | Yurtrus
Anhur | Bast | Geb | Hathor | Horus | Isis | Nephthys | Osiris | Re | Sebek | Set | Thoth
Other gods of Faerûn
Bahamut | Enlil | Finder Wyvernspur | Gilgeam | Lurue | Moander | Nobanion | Tiamat
Greater Gods of Faerûn
Amaunator | Asmodeus | Bane | Chauntea | Corellon | Cyric | Ghaunadaur | Gruumsh | Kelemvor | Lolth | Moradin | Oghma | Selûne | Shar | Silvanus | Sune | Tempus | Torm
Gods of Faerûn
Angharradh | Auril | Bahamut | Berronar Truesilver | Beshaba | Garl Glittergold | Gond | Ilmater | Loviatar | Luthic | Malar | Mielikki | Sheela Peryroyl | Sseth | Talona | Tiamat | Tymora | Umberlee | Waukeen | Zehir
Exarchs of Faerûn
Abbathor | Arvoreen | Baervan Wildwanderer | Bahgtru | Baravar Cloakshadow | Brandobaris | Callarduran Smoothhands | Clangeddin Silverbeard | Cyrrollalee | Deep Sashelas | Dugmaren Brightmantle | Erevan Ilesere | Fenmarel Mestarine | Fzoul Chembryl | Garagos | Hoar | Hruggek | Jergal | Labelas Enoreth | Lliira | Maglubiyet | Malar | Marthammor Duin | Milil | Obould | Red Knight | Sharess | Shargaas | Shevarash | Shiallia | Siamorphe | Solonor Thelandira | Thard Harr | Uthgar | Valkur | Vaprak | Vergadain
Greater Deities of Faerûn
Angharradh | Bane | Chauntea | Corellon Larethian | Cyric | Garl Glittergold | Gruumsh | Horus-Re | Kelemvor | Lathander | Moradin | Mystra | Oghma | Shar | Silvanus | Sune | Talos | Tempus | Tyr | Yondalla
Intermediate Deities of Faerûn
Abbathor | Arvoreen | Baervan Wildwanderer | Berronar Truesilver | Beshaba | Callarduran Smoothhands | Clangeddin Silverbeard | Cyrrollalee | Deep Duerra | Deep Sashelas | Dumathoin | Erevan Ilesere | Flandal Steelskin | Gond | Hanali Celanil | Helm | Ilmater | Isis | Labelas Enoreth | Laduguer | Lolth | Mask | Mielikki | Nephthys | Osiris | Rillifane Rallathil | Sehanine Moonbow | Segojan Earthcaller | Selûne | Set | Sharindlar | Sheela Peryroyl | Solonor Thelandira | Thoth | |Tymora | Umberlee | Urdlen | Vergadain
Major Deities of Faerûn
Angharradh | Bane | Bhaal | Chauntea | Corellon Larethian | Garl Glittergold | Gruumsh | Horus-Re | Lathander | Moradin | Myrkul | Mystra | Oghma | Shar | Silvanus | Sune | Talos | Tempus | Tyr | Yondalla
Other Deities of Faerûn
Auppenser | Abbathor | Arvoreen | Auril | Baervan Wildwanderer | Berronar Truesilver | Beshaba | Callarduran Smoothhands | Clangeddin Silverbeard | Cyrrollalee | Deep Duerra | Deep Sashelas | Dumathoin | Erevan Ilesere | Flandal Steelskin | Gond | Hanali Celanil | Helm | Ilmater | Isis | Labelas Enoreth | Laduguer | Lolth | Mask | Mielikki | Nephthys | Osiris | Rillifane Rallathil | Sehanine Moonbow | Segojan Earthcaller | Selûne | Set | Sharindlar | Sheela Peryroyl | Solonor Thelandira | Thoth | Tymora | Umberlee | Urdlen | Vergadain