Southeast Faerûn lay to the south and east of the grassy plains known as the Shaar, along the shores of the Great Sea opposite the land of Zakhara. At the edge of this region lay in the east the Five Kingdoms of the Utter East and further to the south, and thus beyond Faerûn, the giant peninsula of Zakhara.
Along the southern shores of the continent was this dire nation of enslaved humans commanded by half-elf descendants of drow. Its northern borders lay along the Forest of Amtar, beyond the Gnollwatch Mountains. Much of the shore lay along the Bay of Dancing Dolphins, which was enclosed by a peninsula and was open to the east. The capital city was Cathyr.
The Shining LandsEdit
- Durpar: This was a merchant kingdom to the southeast of Veldorn, and was separated from Estagund by the Curna Mountains. This nation followed the shores of the bay known as the Golden Water, with the capital port city of Vaelan near the western extreme.
- Estagund: This nation lay to the east of Luiren, and was closely tied to Durpar and Var the Golden to the east. It was led by a militant class of nobility, but it was as much a merchant nation as Durpar. The capital city of Chavyondat was a port on a bay of the southern coast.
- Var the Golden: This was an agricultural nation that lay along the southern end of the Golden Water. It bordered the nations of Estagund to the east and Durpar to the north, and was closely linked to both.
- In addition, the feudal kingdom of Ulgarth sat on the southeastern shore of the Golden Water, just north of the Utter East. And just north of Ulgarth, and northeast of Durpar across the Gryphon Mountains, was the little-known nation of Thommar.
This was a region of plains at the eastern end of the Shaar. It was home to various non-human monstrous tribes who were allied in a loose confederation for self-defense. The eastern edge of this region was formed by the Giant's Belt Mountains, a range that separated the plains from the desert to the east. There were no cities or population centers of note.
An anomaly among the nations of Faerûn, this was the only land ruled by halflings. It was located along the coast between Estagund (in the northeast) and Dambrath (to the southwest), and was separated from the Shaar by the Toadsquat Mountains. Much of the breadth of the country south of the mountains was occupied by the Lluirwood. The plains of Luiren contained productive farmland, and the crops were traded with the dwarves of the Great Rift to the northwest. The capital city of Beluir lay along the coast, in the Luirenstrand bay.
|This article is incomplete. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by providing more information.|
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 191. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ Thomas Reid (October 2004). Shining South. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 109. ISBN 0-7869-3492-1.
- ↑ Brian R. James and Ed Greenwood (September, 2007). The Grand History of the Realms. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 95. ISBN 978-0-7869-4731-7.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 230–231. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 198. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 195. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.