A highly viscous, milky-white or amber substance, sovereign glue could only be stored in containers coated inside with oil of slipperiness. A container typically contained between one and seven ounces (0.02 to 0.2 liters), and one ounce could cover roughly a one-foot square (0.09 square meters). The substance gave off a strong transmutation aura.
Sovereign glue could permanently affix two objects to one another, creating a permanent and unbreakable adhesive bond. The substance took roughly a minute to set, during which time the objects could be separated and thereby nullifying the magical properties of the glue. If allowed to set, sovereign glue could only be broken through using universal solvent or oil of etherealness, or by employing a wish spell.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Monte Cook, Jonathan Tweet, Skip Williams (July 2003). Dungeon Master's Guide 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 266–267. ISBN 0-7869-2889-1.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford, Christopher Perkins, James Wyatt (2014). Dungeon Master's Guide 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 200. ISBN 978-0786965622.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 slade et al (November 1995). Encyclopedia Magica Volume IV. (TSR, Inc.), p. 1128. ISBN 0-7869-0289-2.
- ↑ Logan Bonner, Eytan Bernstein, & Chris Sims (September 2008). Adventurer's Vault: Arms and Equipment for All Character Classes. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 30. ISBN 978-07869-4978-6.
- ↑ Jason Carl (May 2000). The Dungeon of Death. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 9–11. ISBN 978-1560761327.