A spider mask gave a total of three powers to the wearer. First, it gave the wearer infravision with a range of 90 ft (27 m). Second, it gave the wearer complete immunity against webs of all sort, this included the web spell and the wand of viscid globs. Third, the spider mask conferred some protection against poison from vermins like spiders.
A spider mask was used by both Jarlaxle and Artemis Entreri to cross the magical fence of House Baenre in Menzoberranzan that otherwise defeated all other attempts at intrusion. Later Artemis used the same mask to escape a web spell cast by Vendes Baenre. It later fell into the possession of Gromph Baenre.
- City of the Spider Queen (web enhancement)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Ed Greenwood (July 1991). The Drow of the Underdark. (TSR, Inc), p. 80. ISBN 1-56076-132-6.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Bruce R. Cordell, Gwendolyn F.M. Kestrel, Jeff Quick (October 2003). Underdark. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 75. ISBN 0-7869-3053-5.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 James Wyatt (2002-09-07). Underdark Campaigns (Zipped PDF). Wizards of the Coast. p. 6. Archived from the original on 2017-10-28. Retrieved on 2009-10-07.
- ↑ R.A. Salvatore (July 2006). Starless Night. (Wizards of the Coast), p. ?. ISBN 0-7869-1606-0.