Spriggans were created by Netherese slavers in −3649 DR. Inspired by the god Urdlen, they warped gnome slaves with their magic, making their skin yellow and warty, their hair red, their arms long and gangly, and they were gifted with strange powers like the ability to swell to giant size.
Spriggans are creatures of Cornish folklore and were said to be ugly faery thieves who could grow to the size of a giant.
- ↑ Rob Heinsoo, Stephen Schubert (May 19, 2009). Monster Manual 2 4th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 192–193. ISBN 0786995101.
- ↑ Eric Cagle, Jesse Decker, James Jacobs, Erik Mona, Matthew Sernett, Chris Thomasson, and James Wyatt (April 2003). Fiend Folio. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 162. ISBN 0-7869-2780-1.
- ↑ Grant Boucher, William W. Connors, Steve Gilbert, Bruce Nesmith, Christopher Mortika, Skip Williams (April 1990). Monstrous Compendium Greyhawk Adventures Appendix. Edited by Mike Breault. (TSR, Inc.), p. 26. ISBN 0-88038-836-6.
- ↑ Gary Gygax (August 1983). Monster Manual II 1st edition. (TSR, Inc), p. 113. ISBN 0-88038-031-4.
- ↑ Brian R. James and Ed Greenwood (September, 2007). The Grand History of the Realms. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 28. ISBN 978-0-7869-4731-7.