Sprites were a grouping of fey that lived in forests and enjoyed making mischief.
All sprites were small creatures with elven features, ranging from the 1‑foot-tall (0.3‑meter) atomie to the 4‑foot-tall (1.2‑meter) nixie. Except for the nixie, sprites had insect-like wings and could fly.
As a group, sprites were shy, mischievous fey who hated ugliness and evil. They would fight to protect their homes if necessary, whether through combat or trickery.
Most sprites were hunter-gatherers who lived in small groups, either as nomads like the grigs or in tiny villages. Sprites typically preferred to live in temperate forest regions.
Types of spritesEdit
There were several different types of sprites, including:
|This article is incomplete. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by providing more information.|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Skip Williams, Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook (July 2003). Monster Manual 3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 235–236. ISBN 0-7869-2893-X.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Doug Stewart (June 1993). Monstrous Manual. (TSR, Inc), pp. 328–330. ISBN 1-5607-6619-0.
- ↑ Gary Gygax (December 1977). Monster Manual, 1st edition. (TSR, Inc), pp. 74, 79. ISBN 0-9356-9600-8.
- ↑ Gary Gygax (August 1983). Monster Manual II 1st edition. (TSR, Inc), pp. 11, 71, 92. ISBN 0-88038-031-4.
- ↑ Sean K. Reynolds (2002-05-04). Deity Do's and Don'ts (Zipped PDF). Wizards of the Coast. pp. 10–15. Archived from the original on 2016-11-01. Retrieved on 2018-09-08.
- ↑ Matthew G. Adkins (July 1999). “Into the Nest of Vipers”. Dungeon #75 (Wizards of the Coast), p. 66.