Sprites were a grouping of fey that lived in forests and enjoyed making mischief.
Description[edit | edit source]
All sprites were small creatures with elven features, ranging from the 1‑foot-tall (0.3‑meter) atomie to the 4‑foot-tall (1.2‑meter) nixie. Except for the nixie, sprites had insect-like wings and could fly.
Personality[edit | edit source]
As a group, sprites were shy, mischievous fey who hated ugliness and evil. They would fight to protect their homes if necessary, whether through combat or trickery.
Ecology[edit | edit source]
Most sprites were hunter-gatherers who lived in small groups, either as nomads like the grigs or in tiny villages. Sprites typically preferred to live in temperate forest regions.
Types of sprites[edit | edit source]
There were several different types of sprites, including:
History[edit | edit source]
Appendix[edit | edit source]
|This article is incomplete. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by providing more information.|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Skip Williams, Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook (July 2003). Monster Manual v.3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 235–236. ISBN 0-7869-2893-X.
- Doug Stewart (June 1993). Monstrous Manual. (TSR, Inc), pp. 328–330. ISBN 1-5607-6619-0.
- Gary Gygax (December 1977). Monster Manual, 1st edition. (TSR, Inc), pp. 74, 79. ISBN 0-9356-9600-8.
- Gary Gygax (August 1983). Monster Manual II 1st edition. (TSR, Inc), pp. 11, 71, 92. ISBN 0-88038-031-4.
- Sean K. Reynolds (2002-05-04). Deity Do's and Don'ts (Zipped PDF). Wizards of the Coast. pp. 10–15. Archived from the original on 2016-11-01. Retrieved on 2018-09-08.
- Matthew G. Adkins (July 1999). “Into the Nest of Vipers”. Dungeon #75 (Wizards of the Coast), p. 66.