Steven E. Schend is a fantasy writer and game designer.
Schend was born in 1967 and his childhood was heavily fantasy-influenced. He previously worked as a teacher, a street sweeper, a curb builder and a landscaper before gaining employment in fantasy, where he has worked for over fifteen years. He is a former game designer and editor for TSR, Inc., Wizards of the Coast, Bastion Press, Green Ronin, and Goodman Games, as well as a former substitute teacher in Washington and Wisconsin.
He is currently an adult instructor of World Building for Writers and Game & Adventure Design workshops/seminars. He also teaches college classes at various venues, including Kendall College of Art & Design. He claims his favorite role is spokesperson for the denizens of the Forgotten Realms.
He is also currently working on a novel in his "Vanguard" universe and a non-fiction World-Building book for writers.
- Lands of Intrigue, 2nd edition sourcebook.
- Cormanthyr: Empire of the Elves, 2nd edition sourcebook.
- The Fall of Myth Drannor, 2nd edition sourcebook.
- Sea of Fallen Stars, 2nd edition sourcebook.
- Undermountain: The Lost Level, adventure.
- Undermountain: Maddgoth's Castle, adventure.
- Undermountain: Stardock, adventure.
- City of Splendors, 2nd edition, with Ed Greenwood
- Steve Kenson (August 1999). “ProFiles: Steven E. Schend”. In Dave Gross ed. Dragon #262 (TSR, Inc.), p. 112.
- Steven E. Schend (1997). Lands of Intrigue: Book Three: Erlkazar & Folk of Intrigue. (TSR, Inc), p. 1. ISBN 0-7869-0697-9.