- Swamps & Marshes
The first great realm to appear in the region known as the Sword Coast North was that of Illefarn. The kingdom of Illefarn was a contemporary of Netheril, consisting of both dwarves and elves. Illefarn survived the Fall of Netheril, until the elves left for Evermeet. Northlanders and other humans began migrating into the region a few years before 1 DR.
- Neverwinter: Also known as the City of Skilled Hands and the Jewel of the North, Neverwinter was a multi-racial city-state. It was slowly being restored as a center of civilization in the Sword Coast North after the eruption of Mount Hotenow.
- Waterdeep: Also known as the City of Splendors and the Crown of the North, it was the most important and influential city in the North and perhaps in all Faerûn.
- Towns & Villages
- Leilon: A small mining village destroyed by its own guardians during the Spellplague. It started to repopulate as a traveler's stop between Waterdeep and Neverwinter.
- Phandalin: A frontier settlement of farmers and prospectors looking for wealth in the Sword Mountains.
- Port Llast
|This article is incomplete. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by providing more information.|
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 176. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ Richard Baker, James Wyatt (March 2004). Player's Guide to Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 18. ISBN 0-7869-3134-5.
- ↑ Bruce R. Cordell, Ed Greenwood, Chris Sims (August 2008). Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 196. ISBN 978-0-7869-4924-3.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood (1993). Volo's Guide to the North. (TSR, Inc), p. 36. ISBN 1-5607-6678-6.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 177. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.