Tales of the Outer Planes is an AD&D 1st edition anthology of short adventures. The module provides pre-generated mini-adventures to introduce player characters to extra-planar worlds either as stand-alone campaigns or part of on-going campaigns. There are 11 adventures in the outer realms and 17 lair adventures that focus on creatures from an outer plane.
Tales of the Outer Planes is an anthology of short adventures set throughout the many Outer Planes for use with the AD&D® Manual of the Planes. Some of gaming's best designers have contributed adventures to this set, which include scenarios set in the Seven Heavens, Olympus, the four Elemental Planes, the Nine Hells, and the Astral and Ethereal Planes. Tales of the Outer Planes is a perfect collection for powerful characters who have it too easy at home and are looking for new challenges. Many of the most fearsome monsters are even more dangerous on their own planes—can you take them on and live to tell the tale?These adventures can be inserted as a "change of pace" in an existing campaign, or can be the foundation of an entire new set of adventures. Either way, Tales of the Outer Planes will be sure to open up a whole new frontier for AD&D® game players everywhere.
- How to Use Tales of the Outer Planes
- Prime: A Simple Deed, Well Rewarded
- Ethereal: Castle at the Edge of Time
- Air: The Brewing Storm
- Water: The Voyage of the Nereid
- Fire: Through the Fire
- Earth: The Missing Kristal
- Astral Into the Astral Plane
- Seven Heavens: An Element of Chaos
- Olympus: A Friendly Wager
- The Abyss: The Sea of Screams
- Nine Hells: To Hell and Back
- Enki • Gustofsen Eller • Hecate • Hunt Master • Kali • Lliira • Raven • Rolly
- Achaierai • Animental • Archon • Babau • Basilisk • Berbalang • Bodak • Chasme • Dao • Dretch • Efreeti • Ghast • Giant slug • Githyanki • Githzerai • Gray slaad • Green slaad • Ildriss • Kuei • Lava mephit • Marid • Modron • Ochre jelly • Planetar • Rakshasa • Spinagon • Ultroloth • Vrock • Wight
- Authors: Gary L. Thomas, Deborah A. Christian, Vince Garcia, Thomas M. Kane, David Ladyman, Martha Ladyman, Christopher Mortika, John Nephew, Bruce Nesmith, Bill Slavicsek, Rick Swan, John Terra, Ray Winninger
- Coordinators: Bruce Heard, Karen S. Boomgarden
- Editor: Gary L. Thomas
- Typography: Betty Elmore, Kim Janke
- Cartography: Dave S. LaForce
- Cover Art: Jeff Easley
- Interior Art: Chris Miller, Jeff Easley
Disclaimer: The views expressed in the following links do not necessarily represent the views of the editors of this wiki, nor does any lore presented necessarily adhere to established canon.
- Shannon Appelcline. OP1 Tales of the Outer Planes (1e). Dungeon Masters Guild. Retrieved on 2013-11-13.