- hmmm, looking through my books, technically most references of the church of Bane at toward the Zhentarim before 1358 DR... oh, I found something... in the Ruins of Zhentil Keep!!! Darkwynters (talk) 19:55, May 23, 2013 (UTC)
- I dunno, there's a difference between Bane the god and the organisation of mortals that worships him. Kind of like the Christian God and all the various churches that follow him (i.e., Catholic, Protestant, etc.). Or better yet, Oghma and the Orthodox Church of Oghma, the Church of Oghma, and the Pursuers of Pure Knowledge, following the Cullen Kordamant split.
- Ideally, we could make pages for the gods as characters (history as mortals and as gods, powers, personality, avatars, dogma, etc.) and pages for the organisations that worship them (church or otherwise organised religions; cults; monk, knight, and other orders; and heresies). My thoughts anyway, for where I get around to tackling a god.
- Though if Ruins of Zhentil Keep only says "church of Bane" with lower-case "church", then it's probably only referring to the Banite faith in general, rather than a specific organisation. In that case, this page could be deleted, short of going with my split idea. — BadCatMan (talk) 00:38, May 24, 2013 (UTC)
- Yeah, even the Ruins of Zhentil Keep uses a lowercase "church" with only the headings capitalizing the "c"... hmmm, maybe this is not a specific organization... I actually like your idea of gods being more like characters, BadCat... because many of the gods have classes and items stated in many of the sourcebooks... okay, this page can be deleted... but it is linked to a few pages, such as Bane. Darkwynters (talk) 05:29, May 24, 2013 (UTC)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.