Merge with Purple dragonEdit
Okay: Debate on whether to merge this page with Purple dragon or vice versa. Go! (incidentally, I believe purple dragon should be merged with this page. I'd rather not have purple dragon confused with the cormyrian army when we have a perfectly good alternate name)hashtalk 19:38, March 7, 2012 (UTC)
Sorry to be a party pooper but the purple dragon article was just a straight copy/paste from the sourcebook, so it had to go. To summarize, we have:
The question is which of these is used more commonly?
- List of dragons has 6 occurrences of deep dragons, while it has none of purple dragons at all.
- Purple is from the newer source.
- Deep is from the Realms-specific source, whereas purple is from the generic D&D source.
- Using purple dragon might get confusing with Purple Dragons being something completely different (actually the Purple Dragons take their name from a black dragon who was just a bit old).
- Absolutely, I think we should go with the Forgotten Realms name over the core name, especially when it'll lead to less confusion. Cronje (talk ⋅ contribs) 00:14, March 8, 2012 (UTC)
- I agree. The Forgotten Realms lore should be primary in all things here (I don't think we need any core stuff at all.) -- BadCatMan 02:03, March 8, 2012 (UTC)
- Two cents... agreed! Darkwynters 02:46, March 8, 2012 (UTC)