Other things Edit
Just wanted to add something that might be of interest:
http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20030502a (The creature list has tressym :S!)
http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/589905/#Comment_589905 (Apparently one of the official stories for Baldures gate EE had Neera with a Tressym friend called "Ettin".)
Also its strange that there are no Dragon magazine articles about this creature :S!
Aaannd a look of the archive D&D page serch did nothing: http://www.google.com/cse?cx=010753050335830773696:ses62ofhwsq&ie=UTF-8&name=sa&q=Tressym#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=Tressym&gsc.page=1
I put this here because I don't know if this is of any help/importance.
Terrorblades 's Far Realm logs dated 14:37, January 13, 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks, I added the Unapproachable East tidbit. I'm not sure what to do with the BG:EE story (that cat has two faces!). And nothing is something too. :) — BadCatMan (talk) 12:50, January 16, 2015 (UTC)
- Yay, I contributed to a featured article ^^! It what!? I totally missed that! Where is that?! Just wish I could have found something... Terrorblades 's Far Realm logs dated 21:35, January 16, 2015 (UTC)
- First, an ettin is a giant with two heads. Neera's tressym Ettin is described as having a "bifurcated face, half black and half tabby, one eye blue and one green." and as "the two-faced tressym". That suggests it is a "Janus cat", a deformed cat with duplicated facial features. You can dare to look it up yourself. ;) — BadCatMan (talk) 04:00, January 18, 2015 (UTC)
- Bifurcated means cleaved or divided in two. And Janus cats can have two, three, or four eyes. I agree it's a silly name, but then why not call it Ogre? The three hints strongly suggest Ettin is a Janus-cat tressym. I assumed it's a result of Neera's wild magic. — BadCatMan (talk) 05:54, January 18, 2015 (UTC)
- Wow, I'm getting Army of Darkness vibes from these "janus cats"... Terrorblades 's Far Realm logs dated 13:23, January 18, 2015 (UTC)
Might we be able to use the updated edition tabber for the infobox? Since this is a featured article, it would be nice to highlight the newest infobox features. (I don't have all the sources, else I'd do it myself.) ~ Lhynard (talk) 16:59, May 26, 2015 (UTC)