Tarkhaldale (pronounced: /ˈtɑːrkhɑːldeɪl/ TARK-hal-dale), also known as the Lost Dale and the Lost Vale, was considered one of the dales in the Dalelands, despite being located between Anauroch and the Desertsmouth Mountains. It was generally unmarked on maps, but was located west of Shadowdale.
- Freezing Point
- Desertsmouth Mountains
In ancient times, Tarkhaldale flourished as a farming and mining community. When the Anauroch desert spread, the region was abandoned to orc and goblin tribes. In 1360 DR, a group of saurials escaped from their imprisonment by the god Moander and made their home in the dale. Later, the Netherese drove the saurials away and took over the dale.
|This Realmslore article about a geographical location is a stub. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by expanding it.|
- Sean K. Reynolds (February 2002). “Lords of the Lost Vale”. In Jesse Decker ed. Dragon #292 (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 36–43.
- Jon Pickens ed. (November 1996). Monstrous Compendium Annual Volume Three. (Wizards of the Coast). ISBN 0786904496.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Bruce R. Cordell, Ed Greenwood, Chris Sims (August 2008). Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 112. ISBN 978-0-7869-4924-3.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb, Ed Greenwood and Karen S. Martin (1987). Forgotten Realms Campaign Set (Cyclopedia of the Realms). (TSR, Inc), p. 81. ISBN 0-8803-8472-7.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb and Kate Novak (August 1997). Finder's Bane. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 23. ISBN 0-7869-0658-8.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Richard Baker (1993). The Dalelands. (TSR, Inc), p. 48. ISBN 978-1560766674.
Daggerdale • Featherdale • High Dale • Mistledale • Shadowdale
Moondale • Sessrendale • Tarkhaldale • Teshendale
Arch Wood • Cormanthor • Darkwatch • Spiderhaunt Wood • Velarswood • Yevenwood
Bodies of Water
River Arkhen • River Ashaba • Feather Falls • Dragon Reach • Lake Eredruie • Glaemril
Dun Hills • Thunder Peaks • Wyvernfang
Barrowfields • Cold Field • Druid's Grove • Glaun Bog • Hidden Vale • The Scar