Effects[edit | edit source]
The target of Tasha's hideous laughter perceived everything as extremely funny and laughed so uncontrollably that it became impossible to even stand up. The effect of the spell lasted for up to one minute, as long as the spellcaster kept concentrating on the spell or until the target managed to shake off the effect. Ending the spell's effect was also easier if the target was injured in any way.
Components[edit | edit source]
The spell required verbal, somatic, and material components. The materials required were a small feather that needed to be waved in the air and tiny tarts that needed to be thrown in the target's direction.
History[edit | edit source]
By the 1360s DR it was yet rarely found in the magical communities of both Faerûn and Zakhara.[note 1] To Zakharans, always reluctant to acknowledge ajami names and accomplishments, the spell was known as uncontrollable hideous laughter, and counted among the spells of the universal province.
Appendix[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 10, 207, 210, 280. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook v.3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 292. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.
- David "Zeb" Cook (August 1989). Player's Handbook (2nd edition). (TSR, Inc.), p. 146. ISBN 0-88038-716-5.
- Richard Baker (1996). Player's Option: Spells & Magic. (TSR, Inc), pp. 181–182, 185. ISBN 0-7869-0394-5.
- Sam Witt (January 1994). The Complete Sha'ir's Handbook. (TSR, Inc), p. 124. ISBN 978-1560768289.
- Dungeons & Dragons editors (September 2007). “Unsolved Mysteries of D&D”. In Erik Mona ed. Dragon #359 (Paizo Publishing, LLC), p. 30.
- Jeff Grubb and Ed Greenwood (1990). Forgotten Realms Adventures. (TSR, Inc), p. 152. ISBN 0-8803-8828-5.
- Christopher Perkins, James Haeck, James Introcaso, Adam Lee, Matthew Sernett (September 2018). Waterdeep: Dragon Heist. Edited by Jeremy Crawford. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 72. ISBN 978-0-7869-6625-7.
- Wizards RPG Team (2016). Volo's Guide to Monsters. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 146, 182. ISBN 978-0786966011.
- Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (May 29, 2018). Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes. Edited by Kim Mohan, Michele Carter. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 196. ISBN 978-0786966240.
- Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (May 29, 2018). Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes. Edited by Kim Mohan, Michele Carter. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 31. ISBN 978-0786966240.