On casting Tenser's floating disk, a slightly concave circular disk made of force appeared floating about 3 feet (91 centimeters) above the ground. Its carrying capacity increased with the caster's skill where weight was concerned; its carrying capacity regarding liquids stayed static at 2 gallons (9 liters). At default, the disk followed behind the caster at a distance of about 5 feet (1.5 meters), but it could be ordered to float to anywhere. The disk and the caster needed to be within a certain distance that grew with the caster's skill; otherwise, the disk simply disappeared and the contents fell on the ground.
- ↑ Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 207–211, 282. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- ↑ Rob Heinsoo, Andy Collins, James Wyatt (June 2008). Player's Handbook 4th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 312–313. ISBN 0-7869-4867-1.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 294. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Eric L. Boyd (March 2006). Power of Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 72. ISBN 0-7869-3910-9.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 David "Zeb" Cook (August 1989). Player's Handbook (2nd edition). (TSR, Inc.), p. 138. ISBN 0-88038-716-5.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Sam Witt (January 1994). The Complete Sha'ir's Handbook. (TSR, Inc), p. 124. ISBN 978-1560768289.