The Tessarch was the second-highest-rank member of the Council of Six, and later the Council of Five, the governing bodies that ruled the nation of Amn during the 14th and 15th centuries DR. By 1479 DR, the title was regularly held by members of the Dannihyr family of Eshpurta.
The Tessarch oversaw the judicial branch of the Amnian government, and served as the council's contact when dealing with the noble families of Amn. They oversaw the local magistrates who ruled the towns and cities across the nation, intervening when "family business" got out of control, and had to be handled by the council. By the 15th century, they were the secret authority charged with overseeing the activities of the Shadow Thieves.
- Quorl Vemmil (1333 DR – 1345 DR)
- Erlranther Alibakkar (1345 DR – 1362 DR)
- Phaan Colwyvv (1362 DR - ?)
- ↑ Steven E. Schend (1997). Lands of Intrigue: Book Two: Amn. (TSR, Inc), p. 7. ISBN 0-7869-0697-9.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Bruce R. Cordell, Ed Greenwood, Chris Sims (August 2008). Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 92. ISBN 978-0-7869-4924-3.
- ↑ Steven E. Schend (1997). Lands of Intrigue: Book Two: Amn. (TSR, Inc), p. 10. ISBN 0-7869-0697-9.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Steven E. Schend (1997). Lands of Intrigue: Book Two: Amn. (TSR, Inc), p. 8. ISBN 0-7869-0697-9.