Inhabitants[edit | edit source]
The Ride was inhabited by tribes of mounted barbarians, who called themselves Eraka, proud folk who treated outsiders as fair game. Although they were prone to constant internal struggling, they would quickly unite to face threats from the outside, like when the Zhentarim marched on Glister in 1352 DR. They spoke their own language of Erakic.
There were many independent tribes in the Ride. Known tribes included:
- The Vaegould, aggressive worshipers of the primordials.
- The Varm, a more peaceful tribe, practitioners of totem magic and worshipers of primal spirits..
References[edit | edit source]
- Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 165. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- John Terra (February 1996). Warriors and Priests of the Realms. Edited by Steven E. Schend. (TSR, Inc), p. 27. ISBN 0-7869-0368-6.
- Thomas M. Costa (1999). “Speaking in Tongues”. In Dave Gross ed. Dragon Annual #4 (TSR, Inc), p. 26.
- Brian R. James and Matt James (September 2009). “Monument of the Ancients”. In Chris Youngs ed. Dungeon #170 (Wizards of the Coast), p. 60.