The Savage Frontier is a 1st-edition Advanced Dungeons & Dragons accessory for the Forgotten Realms. It provides information on major settlements, strongholds and ruins of the lands to the north of the city of Waterdeep; and includes adventure ideas.
|“||North of Waterdeep, the land is cold, vast, and forbidding. The Trackless Sea stretches northward for what seems like forever, interrupted only by the occasional island and, eventually, the ice. On land, towns and villages flourish right up to the Spine of the World Mountains. It takes a special kind of person to live up here; a determined person used to hardship, a survivor. A person with a great love for life and a great respect for the forces—both natural and unnatural—that can end it. The Savage Frontier is now fully detailed for your roleplaying campaign. The cultures, personalities, economies, cities, towns, and wilderness are described for an AD&D® campaign of any size or level. From the barbarian tribes of the far north to the Luskan pirates of the Trackless Sea, The Savage Frontier is an exciting land where adventures can be found anywhere. And, of course, it's all part of the best-selling FORGOTTEN REALMS™ Campaign Set, home to many other AD&D® modules, sourcebooks, and even novels!||”|
- Introduction to the Savage Frontier
- Savage Frontier Overview
- The Peoples of the North
- Cities, Towns, and Villages
- The Sea, the Ice, and the Islands
- Lost Lands, Strongholds, and Ruins
- Rivers, Mountains, and Rough Lands
- The High Forest
- Uthgardt Ancestor Mounds
- Personalities of the North
- Appendix A: Magical Items
- Appendix B: Northern Proficiencies
- Appendix C: News of the Land
- Appendix D: Adventures in the Savage Frontier
- 33 in (84 cm) by 21 in (53 cm) map of Northwest Faerûn from Waterdeep up the coast to Raven Rock over to Ascore on the border of Anauroch and down to the Ruins of Dekanter
- 33 in (84 cm) by 21 in (53 cm) map of the Trackless Sea showing Ruathym, Gundarlun Island, Luskan, Ironmaster, Tuern and the Purple Rocks. Also sub-maps of Beorunna's Well, Silverymoon, Icewind Dale, and the Ten Towns
- Tri-fold cover containing maps of Waterdeep, Luskan, Uthgardt Ancestor Mounds, Grandfather Tree, Ruins of Ascore, and Hellgate Keep
- Amelior Amanitas • Arklem GreethBruenor Battlehammer • Cassius • Dendybar the Mottled • Drizzt Do'Urden • Eldeluc • Elrem the Wise • Heafstagg Four-finger • Jhingleshod • Laeral Silverhand • Malchor Harpell • Pureheartman • Radoc • Regis • Strogue Sstar • Tanta Hagara • Tianna Skyflower • Wulfgar • Wulgreth • Zokan Thunderer
- Beorunna's cure-all
- Editing: Karen S. Boomgarden
- Cartography: Dave Sutherland, Dennis Kauth, Paul Jaquays
- Cover Art: Larry Elmore
- Typography: Kim Janke
- Interior Art: Esteban Maroto
- Keylining: Stephanie Tabat
Disclaimer: The views expressed in the following links do not necessarily represent the views of the editors of this wiki, nor does any lore presented necessarily adhere to established canon.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Paul Jaquays (1988). The Savage Frontier. (TSR, Inc), p. 1. ISBN 0-88038-593-6.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Paul Jaquays (1988). The Savage Frontier. (TSR, Inc). ISBN 0-88038-593-6.
- ↑ Paul Jaquays (1988). The Savage Frontier. (TSR, Inc), p. 61. ISBN 0-88038-593-6.
- ↑ Shannon Appelcline. FR5 The Savage Frontier (1e). Dungeon Masters Guild. Retrieved on 2014-04-03.