|“||The infamous Sword of the Dales has always held a certain fascination in the eyes and hearts of the citizens of the Dalelands. Thus, it was no surprise when Randal Morn, rebel leader of Daggerdale, led an expedition into the crypt of a long dead wizard to recover the weapon.
Shraevyn the weapons-mage had created the Sword long ago, and it stood to reason that the blade would be waiting in his tomb. Perhaps the Sword of the Dales would allow Randal Morn to rule Daggerdale once again. But Randal Morn never returned from the fated party. Only tales of terror told by a lone survivor held any clues as to Randal's fate. A brave band of heroes accomplished what Randal Morn's group failed to do in part one of this trilogy The Sword of the Dales.
Battling through the tomb's undead inhabitants, those heroes reached the burial crypt of Shraevyn. There, resting in the center of the coffin, was the Sword of the Dales, its azure glow filling the chamber. However, there was no sign of Randal Morn.
Only a note signed by his hand held any clue as to his fate. "Seek me in Spiderhaunt," it proclaimed. "The fate of Daggerdale is in your hands."This is the second part of a trilogy of modules which began with The Sword of the Dales. The Saga concludes with The Return of Randal Morn.
- Ariton Delmis • Deltoor Rillian • Elias Trollsblood • Gothyl • The Guardian • Ilthond • Madarn Spiderhunter • Morias • Randal Morn • Rilia • Telimas Dreamweaver • Temeron Flightseeker • Tierimar
- Referenced only
- Elminster Aumar • Lhaeo • Melishar • Shraevyn • Silver Morn
- Arch-shadow • Bonebat • Darkenbeast • Doppelganger • Fire beetle • Ghoul • Gnome • Gnoll • Goblin • Half-ogre • Horse • Human • Kobold • Leopard • Orc • Spider • Skeleton • Treant • Zombie • Wolf
- Referenced only
- Dagger Falls • Desertsmouth Mountains • Giant's Craw • Plane of Shadow • Shadowdale • Tilverton • Zhentil Keep
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Jim Butler (1995). The Secret of Spiderhaunt. (TSR, Inc), p. 1. ISBN 978-0786901500.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 127. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ Shannon Appelcline. The Secret of Spiderhaunt (2e). Dungeon Masters Guild. Retrieved on 2013-11-17.