|“||The Sword of the Dales, an icon of the Dalelands symbolizing the unity and strength of the people, has reappeared! Created by Shraevyn the weapons-mage hundreds of years ago, the lost Sword had become nothing more than a fantastic children's tale—until now.
A group of warriors led by Randal Morn, rightful ruler of Daggerdale, rushed to the Sword's resting place to recover it, but dark forces awaited them, and Randal and his men fell to an ambush. Only one man escaped, yet he brought hope with him that Randal Morn yet lives. Resolved to rescue his leader, that lone survivor turned to Elminster of Shadowdale for aid.
But Elminster is gone, off plane-hoping while the fate of Daggerdale hangs in the balance. Hence, it is up to Lhaeo, scribe to the old mage, to find a group of heroes who have mettle enough to face down the menace which claimed Randal Morn and his hearty followers...This is the first of three modules that grant the player characters the opportunity to determine the fate of Daggerdale. The Saga continues with The Secret of Spiderhaunt and concludes with The Return of Randal Morn
- Alarim Renta • Anton Goodchance • Bardag Shultu • Dora Leen • Drag • Durman Hilesta • Emerash • Fargoren Thundermist • Gothyl • Holly Huldane • Jhaele Silvermane • Lhaeo • Mestin Durmark • Sasha Baddja • Scott Harikon • Skymark • Turko Breem
- Referenced only
- Ariton Delmis • Derimos • Elminster Aumar • Karten • Mourngrym Amcathra • Randal Morn • Shraevyn • Silver Morn
- Ankheg • Bonebat • Brown bear • Centaur • Dragonet • Dwarf • Falcon • Firestar • Goblin • Green dragon • Half-elf • Half-ogre • Half-orc • Hill giant • Hobgoblin • Horse • Human • Kobold • Orc • Owlbear • Sandling • Skeleton • Spider • Stirge • Thought-eater • Treant • Verbeeg • Wolf • Zombie • Wood giant
- Referenced only
- Dracolich • Elf
- Arabel • Cormanthor • Dagger Falls • Desertsmouth Mountains • Ethereal plane • Sigil • Spiderhaunt Wood • Tilverton • Zhentil Keep
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Jim Butler (1995). The Sword of the Dales. (TSR, Inc), p. 1. ISBN 1-56076-848-7.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 127. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ Shannon Appelcline. The Sword of the Dales (2e). Dungeon Masters Guild. Retrieved on 2013-11-17.