The Thunder Peaks were a range of mountains that ran in a north–south line, marking the eastern edge of Cormyr. The entire range was subject to extremely severe and sudden storms all year round. They were home to tribes of orcs and goblins that launched raids in nearby Cormyr, Sembia, and the Dalelands, and were also home to the dracolich Aurgloroasa, the Sibilant Shade. The Thunder Peaks once hosted the dwarven settlement of Thunderholme.
The mountains had a number of unique species of plants including the turis and kirin trees as well as Bowen's flowers. The scent of the heavily aromatic ateris plants would blow down to the town of Tilverton with strong winds.
|This article is incomplete. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by providing more information.|
- ↑ Map included in Ed Greenwood, Julia Martin, Jeff Grubb (1993). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 2nd edition (revised). (TSR, Inc). ISBN 1-5607-6617-4.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 112. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood (February 2005). Spellfire. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 87. ISBN 0-7869-3599-5.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 James Butler, Elizabeth T. Danforth, Jean Rabe (September 1994). “The Thunder Peaks and the Storm Horns”. In Karen S. Boomgarden ed. Elminster's Ecologies (TSR, Inc), p. 10. ISBN 1-5607-6917-3.
- ↑ James Butler, Elizabeth T. Danforth, Jean Rabe (September 1994). “The Thunder Peaks and the Storm Horns”. In Karen S. Boomgarden ed. Elminster's Ecologies (TSR, Inc), p. 9. ISBN 1-5607-6917-3.
Daggerdale • Featherdale • High Dale • Mistledale • Shadowdale
Moondale • Sessrendale • Tarkhaldale • Teshendale
Arch Wood • Cormanthor • Darkwatch • Spiderhaunt Wood • Velarswood • Yevenwood
Bodies of Water
River Arkhen • River Ashaba • Feather Falls • Dragon Reach • Lake Eredruie • Glaemril
Dun Hills • Thunder Peaks • Wyvernfang
Barrowfields • Cold Field • Druid's Grove • Glaun Bog • Hidden Vale • The Scar