This mountain range was infested with ogres. Attracted by the mountain's rich silver deposits, dwarves helped clear some of the ogre tribes in the east to gain access to mines. The western Toadsquats were known to be full of goblins that harried the trade roads around Delzimmer. Rage drakes were also commonly found as far south as the Toadsquats. Criosphinxes were also sometimes encountered in the region.
Rumors & Legends
It was rumored that a large cache of magic was buried or stored deep beneath the western Toadsquats, particularly beneath the peaks known as Klauntra's Leap, the Wyrmlar, and Liontlefang. An alchemist from Klionna, living in Delzimmer circa the Year of Wild Magic, 1372 DR, named Urngath Dorrund apparently believed this rumor enough to pay mercenaries to round up goblins from the area, thinking their blood had magical properties because they drank from mountain springs that welled up through this store of magic.
- Tom Prusa (1993). The Shining South. (TSR, Inc), p. 66. ISBN 1-56076-595-X.
- Thomas Reid (October 2004). Shining South. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 144. ISBN 0-7869-3492-1.
- Ed Greenwood (April 2001–May 2003). Elminster Speaks archive (Zipped PDF). Elminster Speaks. Wizards of the Coast. pp. 54–55. Archived from the original on 2016-11-01. Retrieved on 2016-09-03.
- Ed Greenwood (2002-07-24). Part #46: Doings in Delzimmer, Part 5. Elminster Speaks. Wizards of the Coast. Archived from the original on 2016-11-01. Retrieved on 2017-07-05.
- Andrew Finch, Gwendolyn Kestrel, Chris Perkins (August 2004). Monster Manual III. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 131. ISBN 0-7869-3430-1.
- Thomas Reid (October 2004). Shining South. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 90. ISBN 0-7869-3492-1.
- Bruce R. Cordell, Ed Greenwood, Chris Sims (August 2008). Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide. Edited by Jennifer Clarke Wilkes, et al. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 97. ISBN 978-0-7869-4924-3.
- Thomas M. Reid, Sean K. Reynolds (Nov. 2005). Champions of Valor. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 61. ISBN 0-7869-3697-5.