The transmutation school of magic consisted of spells that changed the physical properties of some creature, thing, or condition. The school was previously known as alteration. A wizard who specialized in transmutation was known as a transmuter.
- See also: Category:Transmutation spells
Subschools[edit | edit source]
- Polymorph: Spells of this type changed the subject's physical form into that of another.
Notable transmuters[edit | edit source]
Appendix[edit | edit source]
|This article is incomplete. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by providing more information.|
References[edit | edit source]
- Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook v.3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 174. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.
- David "Zeb" Cook (August 1989). Player's Handbook (2nd edition). (TSR, Inc.), p. 31. ISBN 0-88038-716-5.
- Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook v.3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 57. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.
Connections[edit | edit source]
Schools of effect
Air • Earth • Fire • Water • Dimension • Incantation • Shadow
Schools of thaumaturgy
Artifice • Song • Wild magic
Zakharan provinces of magic
Flame • Sand • Sea • Wind • Universal
Netherese Fields of Mythal
Inventive • Mentalism • Variation
Chronomancy • Hishna • Pluma • Paths of power